Hunting and loading question

MXZ500

Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Location
Ottawa
Firstly, Being new to blackpowder I have a lot to learn :redface:

I have been wondering though, about when to load the rifle.

For instance Having the rifle in the camp overnight (warm)
and going out in the early AM to the tree stand,
should I wait for the rifle to get cold outside then load it
or can I load it at camp (without cap of coarse) and then
more easily head for the tree stand?

If I load it at camp (warm) would this cause problems
with reliability of the load from possible moisture?
Is there a way to prevent it?

Not comfortable to use it yet for hunt'n.
Just thinking ahead eh :)

Cheers
 
Loading it at camp (warm) is fine...but once it's cold, it should stay cold (put in an unheated part of the camp, or locked trunk).
 
Back
Top Bottom