Hunting for Black Powder on Van Isle

Boolitcaster

CGN Regular
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Location
Vancouver Island
Hi folks,

Is Macleod Blasting still selling black powder?
I and others have called. We always get the answering machine and are never called back, despite leaving our number on the machine.

Where are the other places to get powder on the Island and how are the prices?
 
in the past the club I am in has made a bulk buy from McLeod's. I think you have to buy in 25 lb lots and the powder can be in 1 lb cans or 25 lb bag. The cans cost I think about $1 each more but it saves a lot of weighing when you distribute it to the individual buyers. Its been over a year since I bought any.

cheers mooncoon
 
Last time I talked to them in the spring, they were getting out of the bulk 25# bag/box but would continue with selling the 1# cans in lots of 25# and could be mixed as ffg and fffg. Two Paws Trading in Cedar has some in all 3 grades-chaps name is Jack Adams. If you are in immediate need I always have a few pounds of fffg available. cheers, Bill
 
Thank you for the offer.
I still have a few lbs, but we go through it pretty good in the club. I used 8 lbs this year on my own.
I thought that another bulk order might be due and was becoming concerned that the supply of the good stuff was dwindling.
 
I called jack recently and he said he wasnt carrying much powder anymore. Some problem with his supplier. Its a shape it always seems to be an issue.

Cheers, McLean
 
I think Jack probably figured it was not worth the bother if he figured in the cost of transporting it to Nanaimo and buying in small quantities

cheers mooncoon
 
I called jack recently and he said he wasnt carrying much powder anymore. Some problem with his supplier. Its a shape it always seems to be an issue.

Cheers, McLean

This is the story I heard as well.......when the local guys were fighting over what he had left in stock............
 
Back
Top Bottom