Hunting with round ball

Lmao that’s why you always take someone slower than you lol

Grizzly maybe a different story but I would try it maybe not with round ball but120 g of triple 7 and a 400g power belt would make him flinch
 
It's not the same but I have literally glued a .490 round ball over a stack of three .375 round ball and carefully loaded that into a brass 2 7/8 inch 10 gauge shotshells. With full and extra full chokes it shoots rifle like at 20 yards from my Parkhurst coach gun.
 
I'm loving this thread!

I just got my step-dad's muzzle loader (side lock, percussion cap, from the 70s) and will get it kitted out shortly (powder couldn't go through the mail). I'm too late for Saskatchewan's white tail ML season, but the Saskatoon WMZ has a ML season that goes on for a while yet. Wish me luck!

Stephen
 
My first hunt with my cva .50 cal mountain rifle was a head shot on a whitetail at 120 yds. Thats all i could see of the deer. 490 patched ball over 120 gns of fffg.. deer dropped in its tracks.. enjoy that muzzle loader with confidence
 
All I’ve ever hunted with was a .75cal flintlock. Never had any issues, just treat it like bow hunting stalk in close. With the .75 it doesn’t matter where you hit it, it’ll die from trauma lol
 
I shoot a .54 Renegade with a Green Mt 1-70" twist either 100-110gr of FFG shoots under 1.5" at 100 yards.Took a mule buck at 75 yards in the rt armpit shattered the left shoulder and lodged in the skin on the off side.About 3/4" flattened.Took the heart out of a sm wt buck at 90 yards in and out with a thumb sized hole through the apex.Never tried farther but I'm sure one could.
 
I swore off round balls after losing a 3rd deer 17 years ago. All 3 were shot between 50 and 75 yards. Switched sabotted 240 grain Hornadys or maxi balls and stopped losing deer. Before anyone gets his knickers in a twist, let me tell you that my first bp kill was with a patched round ball. And a buddy of mine killed a big freakin moose this past fall with his 50 cal flinter (round ball at 30 yards). But even he has lost deer with a round ball.
 
**Image and video linking functions will be enabled after you have contributed more to the forum**[/IMG]

14 bore belted ball gun by Wm, Moore. I bought it as a mess from a Canadian dealer and put it back in to action. 85 grains of powder and full length pass through from front right shoulder exiting left rear leg. Very impressive. I guess I am too new to post pics. Hopefully soon.
Steve
 
Back
Top Bottom