I am the 30-06 newbie!

FawkQ

Regular
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Location
Alberta
First off, YES I know how to use the search function otherwise I wouldn't be posting the question now would I... so spare any smartass comments you might have...

Anyone know where I can buy 30-06 soft point/hunting rounds in bulk? I'm not too picky on grain, just wanna know whats out there. I stumbled upon some FMJ in bulk, but no soft point/hunting rounds :confused:

and I apologize if this has been asked 1000 times, I just never had any luck in my search for that answer...
 
Wal-mart has Winchester at $19.97 a box for 150 gr sp. Federals were 22 something.

Canadian Tire around $24 mark for either brand.

Even gun shows don't sell in bulk, usually have the same old yellowed boxes that were sold 15 years ago for $30 a box.

My 2 cents
 
Call your local places and ask about getting a case, once you've determined what you want.

Or for the same price, buy one box, shoot them, keep your cases, buy a cheapo Lee reloading setup off the EE, powder, primers and premium bullets, and never have to worry about the cost or availabilty of factory ammo again.

Most don't buy hunting ammo in large quantities, it's too expensive to use as blasting ammo. Your only factory ammo, hunter type, will very often have one box that lasts a few years. It's the gun nut types who want to sit down and blast away all day. If you're a hunter-type, just buy a couple boxes, if you're the gun-nut type then get the reloading stuff. Nothing wrong with either type, they just drive each other nuts when they hit the range at the same time.
 
Call your local places and ask about getting a case, once you've determined what you want.

Or for the same price, buy one box, shoot them, keep your cases, buy a cheapo Lee reloading setup off the EE, powder, primers and premium bullets, and never have to worry about the cost or availabilty of factory ammo again.

Most don't buy hunting ammo in large quantities, it's too expensive to use as blasting ammo. Your only factory ammo, hunter type, will very often have one box that lasts a few years. It's the gun nut types who want to sit down and blast away all day. If you're a hunter-type, just buy a couple boxes, if you're the gun-nut type then get the reloading stuff. Nothing wrong with either type, they just drive each other nuts when they hit the range at the same time.

thanks! well put! giving it some serious consideration!

Cheers!
 
The days of picking up crates of surplus 30/06 are long gone, along with .45 ACP :(. Reloading is your only option if you want to shoot in bulk, unless you have lots of $$ to spend.
 
Back
Top Bottom