I can’t bite the bullet.

drm3m

CGN frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Location
Montreal Quebec
I can’t bite the bullet.

.69 Caliber Buck and Ball Paper Cartridge for the Models 1816-1842 Muskets.

.69 Caliber Buck Shot Round. Buck and ball issued in the original paper cartridge combined the projectiles with the black powder propellant charge to facilitate rapid loading of the weapon. The buckshot would set in front of the ball, so that the ball would act as a gas seal for the buckshot. Like any other paper cartridge, the rear of the cartridge would be torn open to expose the powder, which would be loaded, and the remaining paper, balls, and buckshot would be rammed down on top. The intent of the buck and ball load was for a devastating impact.

PRICE $950 USD






I have a .69 caliber Springfield manufactured U.S Model 1816 flintlock musket with a 1827 lock plate date and a .69 caliber U.S Model 1842 percussion musket with an 1843 lock plate date manufactured at Harpers Ferry.

These two models were used early in the U.S. Civil War.
The Buck and Ball cartridge was widely used in these muskets.

I would like to find an example of the Buck and Ball Cartridge -----but NOT for $950 USD.





 
Back
Top Bottom