I feel stupid!!!!!

banjaboy

Regular
EE Expired
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Location
Lower Mainland
I just got my first case of 7.26x39 ammo, killer price. Comes in a greenish camo looking wooden crate. Opened the crate and inside is a zinc plated box with 4 rings attached to it. Not sure how to open it!!!!! Tried to lightly pull these rings bit no indication they will do anything. Do I pull the inner box out or what. I know its a dumb question....:HR:
 
I just got my first case of 7.26x39 ammo, killer price. Comes in a greenish camo looking wooden crate. Opened the crate and inside is a zinc plated box with 4 rings attached to it. Not sure how to open it!!!!! Tried to lightly pull these rings bit no indication they will do anything. Do I pull the inner box out or what. I know its a dumb question....:HR:

You will need to apply quite a bit of force on those rings. I found the best way is to use a long screwdriver so you can use two hands while someone stands on the crate.
Good luck..
 
Thanks SF-M1A, so I do just give 'em a yank, I didn't want to screw it up. If anyone in the Lower Mainland is looking for a killer deal on Ammo, try International Shooting supplies on 104th in Surrey, just bought 1120 rounds for $165! Thats pretty damn cheap and it was supplied to them by Marstar, thats what is on the label. I think the sale is for today only.
 
The first crate is always a bugger, especially if you've never seen it done before. I prefer a crowbar and a block of wood, but visegrips will work if you peel it back like a sardine can.
 
Thanks fiddler, thats one hell of a sardine can!!!!!!!!! Now as I'm about to go shooting, how do you guys clean up after using this ammo? Do you do a quickie in the field then do a thorough job at home? I heard Windex works good then warm soapy water? I understand that petroleum based cleaners dont touch the salts. Hope this question isn't in the wrong place. Thanks both of you guys for your great help and encouragement and not making me feel like too much of a walley!!!!
 
Windex does work well. mostly because it's handy and it's got that spray-thing going.
There is also some thought that the ammonia in it might neutralize any "acids" (if there were any). But a spray bottle of warm, slightly soapy water would work as well.
Yup, petro-based solvents are mostly useless; but if a coating of oil seals-off the salt so moisture can't get to it, that'd stop the rust too.
 
Just for kicks, I googled "open 7.62 x 39 crate". All your questions are answered on what popped up on youtube.
 
I love the sardine can reference, thats exactly what it looks like!!!! They sure wanted these rounds to stay dry didnt they? I',m really looking forward to getting out and trying out my new toy.
 
International Shooting Supplies is really good. Some great guys, great prices and local, thats what I like. No, I dont work for them guys lol!!!! I just think good places should be patronized. That video on you Tube is cool, even the dude making the video has problems with those inner sardine cans. I just wish I had bought a couple more boxes of ammo.
 
I used a beefy/long flat head to get it open. For some reason, I hurt my big toe. It happened so fast, not sure what happened. I had to apply so much force I think the ring snapped off. The newtons I exerted had no where to go and I ended up banging my big toe against crate.
 
Back
Top Bottom