I got The Brick!

SIGP2101

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Location
Ottawa
It is mine now!

hLtBDez.jpg
 
Wow!

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and I thought I was the only one that collected bricks!!!!!!

I have one from Long Branch - Small Arms, Inglis and another from the original Royal Canadian Military Institute in Toronto.

Also a brick from the Berghof in Berchtesgaden, Germany and a lot of other very interesting historical places.

I got some real weird looks from CBSA on my returns to Canada. Hah!!!!!
 
Last edited:
“When Samuel Colt’s original Hartford factory fronting the Connecticut River was almost destroyed by fire in 1864, his widow, Elizabeth, did not hesitate a day. She ordered the buildings restored exactly as her husband had left them.

Early in 1867, work was finished on the redbrick Armory that would produce the world’s finest quality revolvers, pistols and rifles, including “the gun that won the West”, the legendary Colt Single Action Army; the Colt .45 Automatic….and the Colt M16 Rifle…

Sadly, the magnificent old plant’s firearms manufacturing days are over. But now you can own a part of Colt history with the collector’s limited edition (500 only) Colt Historic Brick which has been preserved as an artifact from the Huyshope Avenue factory building.

Each brick bears the serpentine Colt “C”….has been authenticated by the Colt Custom Gun Shop, and is mounted on a handsome display base.”
 
Wow!

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and I thought I was the only one that collected bricks!!!!!!

I have one from Long Branch - Small Arms, Inglis and another from the original Royal Canadian Military Institute in Toronto.

Also a brick from the Berghof in Berchtesgaden, Germany and a lot of other very interesting historical places.

I got some real weird looks from CBSA on my returns to Canada. Hah!!!!!

Cool!
 
Yes, some of you guys got it right. It is Colt's old armory building in the background. It was so much fun to snoop around in pursue of these old bricks. I find one half of the brick at Colt's old foundry building and I managed to take this one (in the picture) off of the main building façade. It was sitting almost loose about 8 feet high and has letters A B C imprinted on one side. So I ended up with one and half brick altogether. Main building is fenced off and they slowly turning site into historical heritage site. Once that happens brick hunting will be impossible.

Here is the article from February 7, 1864 about that historical fire at Colt's. Enjoy...

http://www.nytimes.com/1864/02/07/n...ly-2000000-900-men-thrown.html?pagewanted=all
 
“
Each brick bears the serpentine Colt “C”….has been authenticated by the Colt Custom Gun Shop, and is mounted on a handsome display base.”

No original brick bears the serpentine Colt “C”…. this was just marketing gimmick of Colt's management. Where these 500 comes from who knows. If they were indeed from original burned down site, serpent C must have been engraved into each brick.

fsiE9ud.jpg
 
Last edited:
Wow!

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and I thought I was the only one that collected bricks!!!!!!

I have one from Long Branch - Small Arms, Inglis and another from the original Royal Canadian Military Institute in Toronto.

Also a brick from the Berghof in Berchtesgaden, Germany and a lot of other very interesting historical places.

I got some real weird looks from CBSA on my returns to Canada. Hah!!!!!

How about posting a pic of your brick collection? I have never heard of this activity before.

M
 
Back
Top Bottom