Hi guys, first time posting in this part of the forum. I was at my parents house this past weekend and dad let me bring a couple old guns home. The first is an early savage 99 in 303 savage. It has a five digit serial number 40××× unfortunately at some point it has been drilled and tapped and now wears a scope, until this weekend when I'm home from work that is. Im going to remove the bases and use the lyman peep sight that is on the rifle. So without further ado here she is
And I was also lucky enough to bring home another little gem. This one is a winchester model 1890 hexagon barrel, pump action 22short. This one's serial stared with 501××× so I did some Google searching and I think it's from 1913. Here are some pics.
The savage belonged to a guy that used to hunt with us. And the winchester was my grandfather's but I don't know the story prior to that. My dad almost let me bring home the one rifle I have wanted since I was a child, it was my great grandfather's rifle, then my grandfather used it and gave it to my dad who has hunted with it a couple times and eventually will be passed on to me. It is a lever action 44-40 it's a winchester, but I can't remember the model. I think it's amazing to know that my son's will have rifles passed down from their great grandfather as well as great great grandfather. These gems have a permanent home in my gun safe. Anyways hope you guys liked the pics.
And I was also lucky enough to bring home another little gem. This one is a winchester model 1890 hexagon barrel, pump action 22short. This one's serial stared with 501××× so I did some Google searching and I think it's from 1913. Here are some pics.
The savage belonged to a guy that used to hunt with us. And the winchester was my grandfather's but I don't know the story prior to that. My dad almost let me bring home the one rifle I have wanted since I was a child, it was my great grandfather's rifle, then my grandfather used it and gave it to my dad who has hunted with it a couple times and eventually will be passed on to me. It is a lever action 44-40 it's a winchester, but I can't remember the model. I think it's amazing to know that my son's will have rifles passed down from their great grandfather as well as great great grandfather. These gems have a permanent home in my gun safe. Anyways hope you guys liked the pics.


















































