I knew it was nice... But it is much more than that...

caramel

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
157   0   0
Just recieved my Lyman Trade rifle (Investarm) cal 54 from Prophet ( Bigs thanks to Clay, Ab and staff) and i am stun by how nice and unused this rifle is and the powder horn is a work of art, i cleaned it but it did not really need it, in what year, the price ox Goex 2F powder was 10.50 dollars a pound, 3/4 of a pound left and ony missing 22 rounds balls in a 3.75 dollar 100 balls box and only missing 30 percussion cap # 11 at 1.89 for 100, my guess this rifle did not shoot for the last 30 years and it was kept in a next to new condition... JP.
003_zps41f6ba0a.jpg
[/IMG]
 
Last edited:
You did good. I love brass on a ML. We see a lot of used Safari Arm's for sale, and they do not get the recognition a Lyman does.Fact is Both brands are Actualy Investarms from Italy. It seems the Lymans get Name recognition, but the Safari Arms, that are no longer being sold have nicer wood, and are fancier. To bad we lost Safari. Many Investarms ML's were also imported under the Churchill name and a few other brand names. Good guns, and usualy very nice stocks. .
 
Last edited:
Just shot my front loader here at the farm today, off hand with 80 gr off... FF Triple 7, CCI #11 magnum cap, 0.18 cotton pre lubed patch and RB .530 230 gr, went 10 shots in a row without cleaning at 50 meters, all withing 3.5 inch, gorgous rifle and great shooter, couldn't be more satisfied... JP.
 
Good to see you like it. You might like it even more with real Black Powder, Goex FFF is what I use.. less fail to ignight's, and I find easier to clean.
 
Good to see you like it. You might like it even more with real Black Powder, Goex FFF is what I use.. less fail to ignight's, and I find easier to clean.
I am in Montreal, would you know a dealer that carry Swiss or Goex and ship it here... JP.
 
Londero in Quebec show some Goex on their site, if they have it in stock, i will buy 3 pounds of it, i will be good for a long time... JP.
 
Thanks for all the infos from member. i secured 3 pounds of Goex FF, will pick them up in April when i go to have my Rocket 3 serviced... JP.
 
Back
Top Bottom