I need some feed back please

shopsteward

New member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello to all of you! has anyone tried the new federal bullets for muzzle loaders? im trying to find that perfect match for my cva accura2... I've been using the hornadys with the
white hots, im not to happy about them unless im doing something wrong.... im experiencing some blow back from the primers as well... any feed back would be greatly appreciated... thanks for reading
 
Last edited:
hello to all of you! has anyone tried the new federal bullets for muzzle loaders? im trying to find that perfect match for my cva accura2... I've been using the hornadys with the
white hots, im not to happy about them unless im doing something wrong.... im experiencing some blow back from the primers as well... any feed back would be greatly appreciated... thanks for reading


Try ray a different powder or primer. What is the charge you are using?
 
hello to all of you! has anyone tried the new federal bullets for muzzle loaders? im trying to find that perfect match for my cva accura2... I've been using the hornadys with the
white hots, im not to happy about them unless im doing something wrong .... im experiencing some blow back from the primers as well... any feed back would be greatly appreciated... thanks for reading

i was using the white hots and using 3 pallets

3 pallets of powder? must be a stiff load. Are you shooting one of those big naval guns?
 
I would shot it with two pellets first and see what happens ,I found better groups with my wolf with less ,,Dutch
 
I will agree with the dropping the 3 pellets and reducing load. Most of the guys I hunt with use between a 200 and 240 grn bullet(TC Shockwave) with between 80-100 grns of loose powder. Out of 6 guys all but one are using loose FFFG Triple 7 and i can attest by chrony that you will pick up about 2-300 ft/s from pellets to loose powder.

Out of my TC Encore I am shooting a double saboted 357 lead bullet(Precision muzzleloader), 100 grains of Triple 7, lit by a small rifle primer(CCI 400) Yes shotgun primers will unseat bullets and make accuracy go south, not every shot but it cleaned up a lot of flyers. If you use them use the specialty muzzleloading ones they are reduced. This load shoots flat and straight to 175 yds and will saw down the biggest SW Ont deer. I have a target in the shed that I put 4 of 5(5ht was 4 inch) shots in a 2 inch circle at 100 yds free hand. That is the gun/load combo folks not me as this rig hits where you point it
 
Back
Top Bottom