I want a walker replica what is the best one to buy?

mg4201

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Location
Ontario
I am looking to buy a walker Replica. I want a gun that can be shot lots without wearing out. What are your thoughts guys?
 
Uberti.

I have a Colt Blackpowder Firearms 'Second Series' Walker - parts made by Uberti in the rough, shipped to the Brooklyn factory, fine-finished and assembled there so that they could stamp it 'Samuel Colt New York Address'.

That was, for my revolver, serial #1816, some time in 1982, and it gets shot - a lot - with the usual 50gr of FFFg. If you can find one of these, pay what the seller asks.

Else, like I noted, it has got to be the current Uberti version.

tac
 
I think the one that I owned about 30 years ago was made by Armi San Marco. It worked well enough although the loading lever usually came open from recoil when I shot it. One reason that I sold it was that I had to remove the cylinder every 10 or 12 shots and wash the fouling from the cylinder pin and its hole in the cylinder. Putting grease on the pin made no difference and the one time that I decided to push my luck and fire 3 cylinder fulls without cleaning, the only way that I could remove the barrel was to put the gun muzzle down in a bucket of water for 5 or 10 minutes (water up to about the trigger) in order to soften the fouling enough. Worth mentioning that I have not had that problem with an italian navy colt nor an original navy colt

cheers mooncoon
 
I have two ASM Walkers, one was new in the box when I got it and would bind up the cylinder after only 4-6 shots it loosened up after much shooting but I still need to remove the barrel when it is still warm.
The second one I found in well used condition at a local gun store and they were asking $250 for it, the cylinder bolt spring was broken so I offered $200 and they took it. This gun even though it had been abused is a good shooter and doesn't have the binding problem.
Uberti is the only maker still producing a Walker repro that I know about so if you want a new one you don't have much choice, I have a few Uberti's (1851,1862 Police 1873 SAA's) and generally they are well made and reliable.
 
Back
Top Bottom