Identification of the Parameters of Naval Artillery

Some very interesting historical info in there.
I have always wanted to see a big piece of artillery let fly but that hasn't happened yet......
 
Some very interesting historical info in there.
I have always wanted to see a big piece of artillery let fly but that hasn't happened yet......

I think it is Malta that has the world's two largest surviving Armstrong RML coastal defence guns. Unless I am mistaken, they are 100 tonners and fired a two thousand pound shell. Theoretically they could fire out to 8 miles but I also heard using a charge weight large enough to do that would also place the cannon in danger of bursting.

They put on a lame show where they fire a lifting charge placed in the bore. About as far as you could get from the full effect comparable to farting in the onset of a hurricane!
 
Last edited:
I gave up on games after reaching the end of Double Dragon (arcade version).
Marion, what the hell did you think was going to happen?

double-dragon-entire-stopry-o.gif
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom