Identification

Gun Plumber

Regular
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
Location
Pembroke, On
Can anyone help me with identifying this cartridge? I don't even recall where I got it years ago but just found it in my shed again the other day in an old tool box.
I am just curious as I know that I don't have a rifle to shoot this thing as I would like to think that if I did then I would know what it is. The headstamp is DA 57 and the tip is orange.
Cheers-Randy



 
See, I thought it looked a lot like a 30-06 but I have never seen them without 30-06 on the headstamp. I was under the impression that only the US made military 30-06 and so would have it headstamped. Thanks guys. Even the fella here with an M1 didn't say 30-06! I'm going to go kick his toolbox.
Cheers.
 
GUN PLUMBER;
.30-06 military ammo was loaded by a large number of countries. Most militray ammo will not have the manufacturers name on the headstamp.
Most will simply show M-2 for standard ball, etc,etc

Lets see, Canada made vast quantities, the US of course, Yugoslavia, Britain, France, China, Taiwan, and the list goes on.
One could build an entire cartridge collection around the .30-06
John
 
Back
Top Bottom