Identifying a part on an old Win 94

H Wally

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
193   0   0
Got an old win 94 a while back that was (and still is) in quite rough shape.

Have most of the parts that were missing, or have repaired the stuff that was there, except for one part.


It's opposite the loading gate and is almost certainly broken. It looks like it was some form of spring. I've looked for pictures of parts and schematics, but it's always hard to tell. Serial number is 160###

Pictures of what it looks like or what it is will help me determine if I can make another one or if I should buy it(and what it is I'm buying).

It's surrounded by the red circle, broken bit faces the rear of the reciever
win94034L.jpg


win94032l.jpg



untitled-3.jpg
 
I just looked at the mumerich schamtics and your right they are for s**t! Is it the spring that keeps the cartridges from backing out of the tube?

If someone smart does'nt come along and answer this PM me and I'll dig out my 94 that approximates the manufacture of yours and see what the complete part looks like. Might help in IDing on the schematics.
 
I don't believe so. The screw on the part is halfway from each end of the reciever, and the pieces broken end is facing the rear of the reciever, so for it to do anything the cartridge would be sitting back near the hammer. I can't really figure out its purpose, though I'm sure there is one.


Edit - could it be a carrier spring?

tn_265490.jpg


I think it certainly looks similar... any idea what it does? If it's specific to the 3030 m94, if they changed at all over time?
 
I checked my copy of Winchester's 1896 catalogue and even way back then it was called a carrier spring and was used for all calibers.
 
As stated it is the carrier spring and when you order it make sure it is for a pre '64 as they are different. Mine was warn and wouldn't let the carrier return sometimes and it wouldn't pick up a new cartridge from the mag. Bought mine from Western Gun parts, can't remember but I think it was about 20 bucks.
 
Back
Top Bottom