Identying grandfathers old .22 possibly antique milsurp

Well I can say for sure it is an FN. Which means it was probably made in Belgium, no guarantee though. Looks like a single shot 22 to me.

Probably safe to use 22lr but possibly 22 short only. If a 22lr fits it safe to shoot, assuming the barrel is useable.

I doubt its a milsurp. Probably a civilian made single shot 22lr. I would fix it up and shoot it but you will probably need a custom made stock or a modified one from something that is kinda similar
 
you have an fn single shot 22. not milsurp

Yup .A single shot Belgium 22. My grandfather bought one new from the back of the Winnipeg Free Press Newspaper in 1921 for $7.50. That's the same year he immigrated to Canada from Sweden. I shot untold rounds out of that gun when it was given to me when I was six. Still have it.
 
Last edited:
Yep, little single shot FN. Do you have the bolt?
If the bore is good, a stock could be whittled out of a piece of wood. Interesting project.
 
Back
Top Bottom