IMA Antiques Starr Revolver for sale (Remington sold)

Taffer

Regular
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Location
Ontario
Hey folks,

Hope I'm not in error posting a link to this. While I was browsing IMA I found that they had an original New Model Army Revolver for sale for $1295, matching serials.
I'm posting this here for anyone who might be interested, I'm also doing so under the assumption that it's legal to buy and import to Canada as an antique.

*edit* This post was made while the revolver was still for sale, it's gone to a home now.

They still have a Starr for sale! Serial No 16192
 
Last edited:
My thoughts exactly - they advertise all their antique guns as being saleable just about anywhere, though. I imagine that since they've put that in the description of most of their other guns that they wouldn't feel any differently about this one.
 
What did UPS charge for their border fees?

Better pray to god UPS don't decide it's a functional firearm at the border - went through hell with them and a functional antique - their definition of gun is based on likelyhood of functioning rather than any legal definition. Took several months of arguing to get it - they kept trying to send it back, turn it over to the police or charge massive "brokerage" fees to get it across. Basically they act like anti's and start screaming the minute they hear the word gun and you can't get them to think anything different after that.
 
Is UPS the only option for international? As far as I understand they're subject to some kind of regulation/policy regarding the transportation of firearms, so as soon as the employee realizes it's a gun (antique or no) they are compelled to do something about it by company policy.

I thought I read that USPS and Canada Post will both carry firearms as long as they're labelled and package in an appropriate fashion.

Correct me if I'm wrong, please - still learning the ropes :)

They still have a Starr (Serial No 16192) for sale
 
Last edited:
Is UPS the only option for international? As far as I understand they're subject to some kind of regulation/policy regarding the transportation of firearms, so as soon as the employee realizes it's a gun (antique or no) they are compelled to do something about it by company policy.

I thought I read that USPS and Canada Post will both carry firearms as long as they're labelled and package in an appropriate fashion.

Correct me if I'm wrong, please - still learning the ropes :)

They still have a Starr (Serial No 16192) for sale

No idea - Usually the company has an agreement, but for out of country stuff that's not set in stone. As it was explained to me UPS will ship "non-guns" IE stuff they don't think will ever fire again. Had one gun that looked rough from caked on grease come through without a problem, had a second that had been cleaned get stopped and the afore-mentioned fiasco ensued.

Also note that they charge borderline criminal "brokerage" fees crossing the border... fees for something that Canada Post and USPS do for free. They'll also charge a fee for the CBSA opening the package... that the CBSA will also sometimes charge you for. Basically don't use UPS for cross border gun stuff, they'll screw you over.
 
Yeah, I wouldn't use UPS for non-gun stuff either if I can help it, or FedEX. They're both sneaky.

I had a hat shipped by FedEx once. They gave it to me at the door and then sent be a bill a week later for $22. It wasn't C.O.D postage either.
 
That's very practical, I'll have to remember that in future for myself.

I've received swords shipped as "cutlery". Had a good laugh while opening that one :)
 
Back
Top Bottom