IMA Rolling Blocks

OneBarfly

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
106   0   1
htt_p://www.ima-usa.com/product_info.php/cPath/4_99/products_id/2700

Anybody pick one up? I'm wondering how these were deactivated. I have a calvary carbine that was welded at the breech, but the action was untouched. Can we assume more or less the same for these Artillery carbines? Would make for a nice baby-roller with a rebarrel job or at least a inexpensive source of parts for your roller project.
 
From the picture the action looks intact and like a candidate for a rebuild. Not sure what kind of money you would have invested by the time it was in hand though.

Does it matter that its a carbine if you intend to strip it down and rebarrel? Its still the same action as the ones that Tradeex carries is it not?
 
You're 3/4 of the way there then. :D It would make a sweet little gun.

I'm slowly collecting parts for the 3 actions that I picked up from Tradeex a while back too. My tastes run more to heavy long range guns right now but one may become a handy little offhand rifle eventually.
 
My main concern would be how they were deactivated. If they went in there and just hammered a rod down the barrel it'd be ok. If they ground bits like the bolt face, did anything to the reciever or internals that'd really drive the price up. Have you called them? I'd be interested in hearing.
 
Back
Top Bottom