Imaginary registration problem.

its is a toss up what would happen re registration. When I asked a year or two ago, I was told it had to be destroyed because the amnesty for handguns was over. Since that time, several on the list have said they were able to register previously unregistered handguns. If the gun in question was a prohib and not an antique, I think the answer is definitely could not be registered.
Bottom line is that it probably depends on which CFC person you get when you try to register plus the personal bias of your local firearms officer. Here in BC, the firearms officers seem to view their role in life as trying to find a reason to destroy guns or obstruct transfers other than the most routine ones.

cheers mooncoon
 
As long as it is not a prohib, it is very easy to register it. We do it all the time. The feds are just happy to have it in the system.

And, yes, it can be sent to the US.
 
As long as it is not a prohib, it is very easy to register it. We do it all the time. The feds are just happy to have it in the system.

And, yes, it can be sent to the US.

Thanks for the input. The imaginary guy is looking at a Colt SAA, built in 1888 I think. In .45 cal. 5 1/2 long. It has two hearts stamped on the left side frame, under the cyl, supposed to be Hart gunsmith of Tomestone, of that era. ??? I dunno. If there is such a gun, it's in very good to ex. condition. I wish I was that guy. Thanks...
 
Thanks for the input. The imaginary guy is looking at a Colt SAA, built in 1888 I think. In .45 cal. 5 1/2 long. It has two hearts stamped on the left side frame, under the cyl, supposed to be Hart gunsmith of Tomestone, of that era. ??? I dunno. If there is such a gun, it's in very good to ex. condition. I wish I was that guy. Thanks...

Pics of THAT guy and THAT Colt would be nice sometime
Meanea
 
Thanks for the input. The imaginary guy is looking at a Colt SAA, built in 1888 I think. In .45 cal. 5 1/2 long. It has two hearts stamped on the left side frame, under the cyl, supposed to be Hart gunsmith of Tomestone, of that era. ??? I dunno. If there is such a gun, it's in very good to ex. condition. I wish I was that guy. Thanks...

Given your above info, I think the best bet would be to trigger lock it, lock it in a case, and ship it to me ASAP to deal with it..... :D

Seriously though, registering it should not be a problem.
 
What are the options in .45 caliber, besides .45 Colt?

A new cylinder would be required. .45 ACP, maybe? .455 Webley? Then it would be a Prescribed Antique. The old cylinder could stay with the pistol. Legal, as far as I know, as long as the owner does not reassemble the pistol, at which point it becomes an old, Resrtricted class handgun.

What's a new manufactured cylinder worth?

Registered or not, it has some real cash value anyways.

Cheers
Trev
 
It may look like this...probably...I think.

DSCF0353.jpg
DSCF0361.jpg
 
put in a 45 acp cylinder its not on the no go list then get an antique letter on it yoou could use 45 auto rim brass just don't put the 45c cylinder in the gun
 
put in a 45 acp cylinder its not on the no go list then get an antique letter on it you could use 45 auto rim brass just don't put the 45c cylinder in the gun

Not unless you like the sound of bullets ratlling down the bore. The imaginary bore size would be in the neighbourhood of .454 as are all pre-WWII .45 Colts.

Go with .455 Webley or whatever it would be called. .45 Schofield rims might interfere with each other and make a dandy 3-shooter.
 
I just purchased an CSAA in .44-40 from the US and had to have it registered before bringing it to Canada - but had no problem registering it at all.
 
Back
Top Bottom