import antique handgun from USA???

mauser71

CGN frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
67   0   3
Hi boys!!

Do you think they are some problems to send a ANTIQUE handgun from USA???

or i must pay leroyvalleyguns t make all sure???(100us $)...

in the past , i buy some guns antique from USA , and don't have any problems

i just win a auction for french revolver 1873 mint.....

just to have yours ideas:)
 
As long as the actual seller has no quirky issues(i.e. some US FFL dealers won't ship an antique to a non resident outside of the US border) and the firearm in question meets the definition of an antique then you are good to go. You may want to get the shipper to include some form paperwork with the shipment to verify age and caliber for handgun. This could look like a RCMP, factory letter or even an authentication letter. This might expedite any customs inspections issues.
 
Just make sure it's an antique here too as the rules are slightly different, so sometimes a gun that qualifies as an antique in the U.S. doesn't qualify here.
 
Congrats, there seems to be a real boom in these 1873 pistols in the last few weeks. I bought one a month or two ago to fix up as a shooter then sell to fund more toys, I'm thinking now I just may be forced to hold on and enjoy it for a while since the market seems a little flooded. :) I'm really broken up about it
As for the shipping from the states, mine spent a total of 3 days in customs with nothing more then the shipping tag to verify it as an antique (the date stamp on the barrel may help with these particular pistols I don't know)
 
I bought an antique shotgun from the states. It went through like it was a DVD.

For a handgun, a letter pointing out that it is antique and made in 18xx may help ease things with the canadian customs.
 
On the other hand, when I bought a Lee-metford from Canada, U.S. customs sent me a letter that I had to file import paperwork. I called then and said IT'S AN ANTIQUE! Lift the bolt handle and look at the date! (1891) "Oh we thought it was the model number" :rolleyes: They then released it.
 
Back
Top Bottom