Importing a modern manufactured Snyder narrel

What kind of hoop's are there to jump thru?
It's a newly made barrel, but it's a Snyder barrel

from where I don't think Canada has any restrictions on importing but I know places like the US do. I would love to know myself if theirs a source because I have a snider action laying around
 
Canada does not care about a barrel - the shipper in the USA has to be ITAR registered, if they are, then it is no problem.
 
Canada does not care about a barrel - the shipper in the USA has to be ITAR registered, if they are, then it is no problem.

I believe barrel shipments require an export permit for each shipment, unlike other parts that can be shipped without a permit as long as the total order value is under $500. But from our perspective, the export permit just requires more money to smooth the way. Does the manufacturer also need to be ITAR-registered?
 
I believe barrel shipments require an export permit for each shipment, unlike other parts that can be shipped without a permit as long as the total order value is under $500. But from our perspective, the export permit just requires more money to smooth the way. Does the manufacturer also need to be ITAR-registered?

Actually no, you do not need an export permit, you technically need ~permission~ from the US government to export anything in the ITAR schedules ... that *COULD* take the form of a permit *OR* an export license, most items that are not optics/receivers/munitions are not controlled in the US so only ITAR registration is required.
Technically any company that manufactures anything on the list is actually required to be ITAR registered and certified.

You do get to pay Justin for sales tax and duty ... so look forward to that. :(
 
Actually no, you do not need an export permit, you technically need ~permission~ from the US government to export anything in the ITAR schedules ... that *COULD* take the form of a permit *OR* an export license, most items that are not optics/receivers/munitions are not controlled in the US so only ITAR registration is required.
Technically any company that manufactures anything on the list is actually required to be ITAR registered and certified.

You do get to pay Justin for sales tax and duty ... so look forward to that. :(

Ok. I'm not an expert. All I know is Brownells wouldn't ship barrels under the $500 exemption.
 
Back
Top Bottom