importing a percussion action

barbarossa

Regular
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Would I have to go through an Importer to bring this percussion boxlock action in from the States or would I be able to bring it in through normal channels.

jpo.jpg
 
All muzzleloaders are antique status in the states IIRC, so there should be no EXPORT issue. Modern cappers are NOT antique here in Canada, so you'll need to register it before it comes up here.

J
 
I'm not sure... on a Caplock in Canada, is the lock the firearm, or is it the breeched-up barrel?

I had though it was the breeched-up barrel. If so, then the above item is just a part, since no bbl is attached. It's a glorified lock.
 
That one would be a judgement call as it has a breech plug. Of course a breech plug from a percussion gun doesn't constitute an action so I imagine everything would be fine. You would have to register it if you put a barrel on it though.
 
Back
Top Bottom