Importing a Snyder Enfield

Pete04

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Super GunNutz
Rating - 99.7%
398   1   0
Location
Thornhill
My question is, will I need an RCMP Antique letter to get a 3 band Snyder Enfield, .577cal through customs? Snyder Enfield is, without question, an "antique".
I've brought in handguns from the US with the "letter" and had no problems. I wonder if a long gun that is obviously "antique" will need one?
 
I think your good to go bud!!

They will tax the bloody hell out of you though.
For example, I bought a 300$$ rifle and they slapped a 160$$ import fee on it.

The box was really buggered aswell.

You will notice that it will be opened and sealed with the mysterious yellow tape "mine was".

You will get it, But its gonna cost ya.....So make sure you get a really good one!!;) Or it will just be more economically feasable to get one from Canada.

Now that I think about it "they" put a 120$$ fee on my martini bayonet.

Bastards..:mad:


Cheers
 
First of all...it's a "Snider Enfield". Secondly, unless I am totally worng here you don't need any special paperwork to have it shipped from the USA to Canada. The last one I received came through the mail to me and was never opened. The box was marked "Returned Canadian Goods" as it was marked with the Dominion of Canada "DC". You should only pay taxes on the purchase price. Thirdly...why would you even consider buying one form the USA? Canada is the best place possibly in the world to buy a quality affordable Snider. The only reason I could think of for your asking this question is that you are thinking of buying one of the pieces of junk that are being marketed out of Atlanta Cutlery and the IMA. Buyer Beware!!!! Put a WTB advertisement on the EE and you should get many replies from Canadians. If I can help please advise. Are you going to shoot it...display it....???
 
First of all...it's a "Snider Enfield". Secondly, unless I am totally worng here you don't need any special paperwork to have it shipped from the USA to Canada. The last one I received came through the mail to me and was never opened. The box was marked "Returned Canadian Goods" as it was marked with the Dominion of Canada "DC". You should only pay taxes on the purchase price. Thirdly...why would you even consider buying one form the USA? Canada is the best place possibly in the world to buy a quality affordable Snider. The only reason I could think of for your asking this question is that you are thinking of buying one of the pieces of junk that are being marketed out of Atlanta Cutlery and the IMA. Buyer Beware!!!! Put a WTB advertisement on the EE and you should get many replies from Canadians. If I can help please advise. Are you going to shoot it...display it....???

First, thanks for correcting my spelling, mom.

Second, That is my question. Thanks for your answer. I have bought a number of guns from this dealer in the past and intend to in the future and all our dealings have been above board and will continue to be so. Thanks for you advice anyhow. By the way, we spell the word worng this way...wrong... most folks do. Your welcome.

Third, how come you can, by your own admission, bring one in from the States but I'm apparently a fool to even consider it?
This gun is simplely part of a larger deal I put together, not that it is anyones business. I already own a few Snyders for shooting and display. Thanks for your concern though.
 
I think your good to go bud!!

They will tax the bloody hell out of you though.
For example, I bought a 300$$ rifle and they slapped a 160$$ import fee on it.

The box was really buggered aswell.

You will notice that it will be opened and sealed with the mysterious yellow tape "mine was".

You will get it, But its gonna cost ya.....So make sure you get a really good one!!;) Or it will just be more economically feasable to get one from Canada.

Now that I think about it "they" put a 120$$ fee on my martini bayonet.

Bastards..:mad:


Cheers

That was UPS charging brokerage fees wasn't it....
 
I recently bought a model 1884 trapdoor springfield from a US seller. He made sure to include an invoice with a proper description of the gun, along with its date of manufacture and caliber, and the purchase price. The customs declaration form listed the contents as an antique firearm. He sent it by USPS and ten days later it was at my door, along with a bill for PST and GST. The Canada post fee for collecting the taxes etc. was $5.00. And it had been opened by customs. I thought that 10 days was pretty good.
 
do customs not seize these antiques as they looks like guns/weapons? anything special you have to do to prove they are legal antiques?
 
My Martini Henry that I purchased from IMA arrived the next day via U.P.S.All I paid was the duty.I guess U.P.S. forgot to charge their excessive fees.
 
My Martini Henry that I purchased from IMA arrived the next day via U.P.S.All I paid was the duty.I guess U.P.S. forgot to charge their excessive fees.

UPS has never forgotten to charge me $45.00 or more brokerage fees on most any items I have had shipped to me.
They billed me $240.00 brokerage fees on a motorcycle fairing they did NOT deliver because the parcel was delivered to an address in Edmonton, refused and then sent back to the U.S.
 
Shouldn't be any fuss. .577 is 14.7mm. .45-70 uses an 11.6mm bullet. However, an H&R or Uberti Trapdoor isn't an antique.
"...manufactured before 1898 that can discharge centre-fire cartridges (whether with a smooth or rifled bore), have a bore diameter of 8.3 mm or greater, measured from land to land in the case of a rifled bore, with the exception of a repeating firearm fed by any type of cartridge magazine."
 
Back
Top Bottom