Importing a U.S. antique that is a non restricted in Canada

elpocho

Member
EE Expired
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Location
Ontario
Gentlemen I need some advice.

I want to purchase a 1891 Argentine Mauser that is an antique in the U.S. therefore it is unregulated and does not need an export permit so they can ship it directly to my door. However, it is not an antique in Canada and with no LGR there is no need to register it but must have a valid PAL which I do.

The package waybill will declare the gun's value and the pre 1898 legal antique firearm status.

Since it is being shipped to my door, to whom will I have to show my PAL once it arrives in Canada? Will I have to go to Canada Customs, the post office or to the delivery guy fom Canada Post?


Has anybody had a similar situation and might have some advice in the matter?

Thanks for any replies
 
Last edited:
Well, I've never been in this specific circumstance, but I have had antique US/restricted Canada pistols brought in. The broker placed the documentation in a customs envelope attached to the shipping box, which included a copy of my PAL and a copy of the registration certificate.

Best thing to do would be to give the firearms Center a call, they've provided me with import advice in the past.
 
Thanks for you reply Darkwater, I have bought antiques in the past that were shipped directly to my home but never one that was not considered an antique here in Canada. I think that including a copy of my PAL with the export documentation is an excellent idea, maybe this might solve the problem since the shipping address and the PAL's owner are the same.
 
Thanks for you reply Darkwater, I have bought antiques in the past that were shipped directly to my home but never one that was not considered an antique here in Canada. I think that including a copy of my PAL with the export documentation is an excellent idea, maybe this might solve the problem since the shipping address and the PAL's owner are the same.

That's all I do. Never been a problem yet.
 
I bought a Colt Lightning rifle that was antique in the US but not in Canada. Called CFC and inquired. They said 'no problem'. I mailed a copy of my PAL down with the payment, they but it in the box with the gun and it breezed right through customs.
 
I bought a Colt Lightning rifle that was antique in the US but not in Canada. Called CFC and inquired. They said 'no problem'. I mailed a copy of my PAL down with the payment, they but it in the box with the gun and it breezed right through customs.

that's because they can look up you're address and see if you have a PAL seen it on one episode of border security
 
Thank you gentlemen very much, I will call the CFC just to be on the safe side, but I think that that my doubt has already been evacuated.
 
Back
Top Bottom