antiquecollector
New member
- Location
- Kingston, Ontario
Hey everyone,
I've been thinking about ordering an item from the states but after hearing all the customs horror stories I want to make sure I do everything correctly.
Could anyone fill me in as to the correct way to ship an antique firearm?
This would be a pre-1898 muzzle-loading pistol for display only so hopefully 'antique' enough that it doesn't get confused with a more modern firearm - I'm not planning on firing the thing so I may even opt for something in poor/incomplete condition just to make sure they know its an antique!
Should the seller just declare it as an 'antique' and maybe put a copy of the RCMP fact sheet that defines an antique firearm and a description of the item in the package itself in case it gets flagged?
Are there any legal requirements for shipping an antique firearm from the states to Canada, either on the export or import side?
Thanks in advance for any help!
I've been thinking about ordering an item from the states but after hearing all the customs horror stories I want to make sure I do everything correctly.
Could anyone fill me in as to the correct way to ship an antique firearm?
This would be a pre-1898 muzzle-loading pistol for display only so hopefully 'antique' enough that it doesn't get confused with a more modern firearm - I'm not planning on firing the thing so I may even opt for something in poor/incomplete condition just to make sure they know its an antique!
Should the seller just declare it as an 'antique' and maybe put a copy of the RCMP fact sheet that defines an antique firearm and a description of the item in the package itself in case it gets flagged?
Are there any legal requirements for shipping an antique firearm from the states to Canada, either on the export or import side?
Thanks in advance for any help!


















































