Importng rifle from US

Sharps '63

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
If you were going to bring in a non-restricted rifle from the US, which importer would you use? Specifically, it's a Shiloh and I live in BC.
 
I have imported quite a few with Prophet River....go for it, you won't be disappointed ( except for that 40 percent exchange :) )
 
I'm not slamming any of our Canadian importers, but have you contacted Shiloh yourself yet to see whether they're still allowed to export directly? They used to be able to make use of an ITAR exemption under S. 123.17(b), which allows export without licence of non-automatic firearms manufactured prior to 1898, and/or replicas of them.
Of course, there may have been 're-interpretations' since my last, but as well as a bunch of antiques, I've had a few modern repros exported to me using that exemption. Mind you, that was years back when the long-arm registry was active on our side, so things could have changed since, but I just checked the U.S. State Dept. website a few minutes ago & that section still appears to be present in ITAR and in effect.
The antques and repros could ship directly, but for me (living in a border-town, back when modern-made Non-Restricted long-arms needed registration) it was least hassle to have vendors ship to a nearby FFL on the U.S. side, have them verified and registered prior to import, & then have the FFL deliver them to me right at the border. The FFL fee & extra charge for border delvery was still less $ than the international shipping would have been.
That's how I got a Shiloh carbine, as well as a Spencer & a Win 1876 lever-actions. All relevant agencies on both sides contacted to confirm, & all went smoothly.
If you don't feel like doing the homework yourself any one of several exporters should be able to take care of everything for you.
 
Thanks, one and all; and a Merry Christmas morning!

I have brought in another Shiloh through Clay at Prophet River five years ago. I still have the receipt. I'll check out his current rates.
 
Back
Top Bottom