Info needed on .44 cal Ajax Army

Polar_Hunter

Regular
EE Expired
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I'm having trouble finding info on this revolver. I have found that it was distributed by E.C. Meacham Arms Company which went out of business at the end of 1887. Apparently the gun, which is the same as an "American Bulldog", was chambered for several .44 rounds. I can't find out how to determine the correct round for this gun.

Any help is appreciated.

 
Last edited:
You can try making chamber casts with candle wax or putty (oil chamber first for putty).

If shooting is what you have in mind, the caliber the maker had in mind might not be obvious to us, and you will have to match chamber dimensions to your best.
 
Found a source for this book,,, "A Short Illustrated History of Iver Johnson Arms & Cycle Works, by Joseph T. Vorisek",,, ordered it today so I should soon have all the info needed.

I did find enough info on the net to be sure that it is .44 Russian.
 
Back
Top Bottom