Info on Model 94 with St Etienne Proof Marks

mossyhorns

CGN Regular
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Hello,

I own a Model 94 serial numer 67X,### which I believe dates it for 1913. It has a flip up rear sight adjustable to 1000 meters (not yards) and sling swivels mounted on the left side as well as a saddle ring. It has proof marks of an "AR" with what appears to be a three pointed crown on top located on both the barrel and the receiver. Is this a Belgian Congo rifle or something else. I've found limited info on the internet but there doesn't seem to be much solid info out there. ??

Any info would be helpful. I could post pictures if it helps (just have to figure that out)

Cheers,
 
From your description it certainly sounds like you have a 'Belgian Congo Rifle'. The serial number falls in the correct range as well as the sling mounts and the rear site graduated in METRES AND NOT YARDS along with the proof marks you described. You are a lucky fellow!
 
Thanks for the info.

Do you know anything more about them? are they as rare as some info online claims? Value etc. I'm not interesting in selling but would like to know more about it. This was a gift from my father and came from back east (Nova Scotia) so it has sentimental value to me and I plan to hold onto it.
 
Thanks for the info.

Do you know anything more about them? are they as rare as some info online claims? Value etc. I'm not interesting in selling but would like to know more about it. This was a gift from my father and came from back east (Nova Scotia) so it has sentimental value to me and I plan to hold onto it.

I have only ever seen two of them at Gun Shows and neither one was for sale. There is a bit of info on the 'net' and in The Winchester Book but it is very limited. From what I understand, there were not a lot of them made/issued.
 
Back
Top Bottom