Inherited stuff.

oldiron

CGN Regular
EE Expired
Rating - 100%
77   0   0
Location
central Alberta
I am waiting on transfers on these three registered guns. These just aren't my thing, I want to use them. I haven't seen much like this for sale, so would like some input on values. They will be for sale in a month or so.
First is a Uberti 62 Police I think. .36 cal., unfired.
2nd, A Colt built U S Grant .36 cal., unfired.
And a 73 Colt .45 LC rebuilt, new everything but frame and grips. 1935 frame I think. A very crisp gun.
Thanks for any input.

 
No idea on the 1st Uberti? Cased with all tools. $575-$675? A guess...

2nd gen. Colt. Appears to be a 1851 Navy? $800-$1000, my guess. maybe a little more with the extras...

1873 Colt. Depends on: If it was the original barrel length, caliber & if correct gen "Colt parts" were used. If not or not sure I'd say $1200 - $1400 at best. That Colt really depends on what it is & what shape it's in. Not a serious collector if it's a hodge podge of parts. But if it's been restored with correct period pieces, it's still worth a couple of bucks...

My 2 cents!
 
The U.S. Grant Commemorative is probably more desirable than the Robert E. Lee ( Confederate) Commemorative made at the same time, looks like a squareback trigger guard 1851. The powder flask and ball/bullet mould should be marked "Colt's Patent" making them more desirable. I agree that $800-$1000 is about right.
The Uberti 1862 Police in the case with flask and mould (probably unmarked) as an Italian copy is not worth as much as a real Colt but may be a fine gun in it's own right, the small frame and bigger bore make it desirable as a shooter. Again Danceswithemties is correct on the value.
The prices on 1873 SAA's are crazy so I can't even comment on that one.
 
No idea on the 1st Uberti? Cased with all tools. $575-$675? A guess...

2nd gen. Colt. Appears to be a 1851 Navy? $800-$1000, my guess. maybe a little more with the extras...

1873 Colt. Depends on: If it was the original barrel length, caliber & if correct gen "Colt parts" were used. If not or not sure I'd say $1200 - $1400 at best. That Colt really depends on what it is & what shape it's in. Not a serious collector if it's a hodge podge of parts. But if it's been restored with correct period pieces, it's still worth a couple of bucks...

My 2 cents!
Thanks for the info. I looked at the Colt SAA, the new barrel and cyl. are Colt parts, I assume the hammer, trigger, and entrails would be Colt as well. It has a slight drag mark on the cylinder.
 
Sorry for the late reply. The address on the barrel should be a single line address if I remember right. I'll look at at one of mine in the morning. The 1873 might be worth paper from Colt. It will give you some idea if it was restored close to original or not.
 
Back
Top Bottom