Interesting conversation with CFC today

like with what thumb screws and testicle electrodes? I can't even remember who I sold my last antique to let alone the first one. What exactly do you think you could be threatened with or promised to make you remember something you have no need of remembering? IIRC no promise can help you no threat can harm you when it comes to participating in an investigation.

Exactly. there is no legal requirement to record the buyers information when you sell an antique. It is not a firearm, does not need licensing and registration. If the rules change then they will be changed from that time forward, it will not go back in time.
 
There is also no requirement to inform of destruction so trying to remember which you sold and which you cut up to prevent them from being a danger to society would be hard to sort out.
 
There is also no requirement to inform of destruction so trying to remember which you sold and which you cut up to prevent them from being a danger to society would be hard to sort out.

I can't remember what I had for breakfast today. Trouble with phone numbers, friend's names, birthdays, anniversaries & etc.
Whew! Got it on the record now. (Sigh of relief:D)
 
I did as you suggested and they sent a separate letter for each card. I came home yesterday to an over flowing mail box. The letter carrier must think I have an arsenal.

I have have registered my flintlock long rifle when swapped it to caplock, then de-registered it back into flintlock. Did that a number of times, they still had the old registration on file :rolleyes: what a surprise ? Not !
Have you ever asked for a copy of all of your reg. certs. ? From my personal experience they were'nt accurate , surprise, surprise.
It would be interesting to say the least, if you could have a look at your file .
Cheers nessy
 
It's quite typical of the RCMP to mislead you about legal requirements. They are not required to give you accurate info regarding the law. they will make their own policy and tell you it is a "requirement' .

I think it is useful and important to ask for the section of the law or of the firearms act which requires whatever policy they are stating.

cheers mooncoon
 
Do you actually need to have the antique in hand to get a letter? Can you get one preemptively, if you are interested in buying an antique?

Do they charge for them?

Inquiring minds wanna know! ;)

Cheers
Trev
 
Do you actually need to have the antique in hand to get a letter? Can you get one preemptively, if you are interested in buying an antique?

Do they charge for them?

Inquiring minds wanna know! ;)

Cheers
Trev
They do not charge for them .I have got many pre-buying to have in hand when I order from the US they will need serial# make model some times ask for pics.They do them as a courtesy because many of us asked them for something official stating a pistols antique status
 
imported an antique percussion revolver from the u.s and no problem. requested letter. gave them serial# and all relevant info and it was on line within 48 hrs. took that and google info on piece to customs and went smooth as silk. piece has now sold on at gun show to unknown buyer as an antique along with the letter and it is now anonymous. just the way it should be.
 
I always include the antique letter in the sale. I do not bother to keep a record of who bought my antiques. It is nobody's business, not even the gov't's.
 
On a side note, i'm surprised the gun control crowd, Wendy leading, never bring that up. It is a gaping hole in their tracking scheme after all.
 
What thug is going to bother buying a 2000$ antique black powder pistol to commit crimes with when he can go buy his coke and an illegal modern handgun on the street for $600-$700 with a high cap mag loaded within the span of a few hours.

You know because our gun control is working wonders to keep the huge profitable black market from existing.

Do anti gunners even f**king think at all?. I don't mean s**t stains like Wendy, I mean average joes.
 
Can you imagine the drive by's with 100 year old 32 rf ammo? "Click" "hey guys.... Swing around the block again.... Another misfire...." (or you get one of those weak rounds that won't even penetrate cardboard. I once had a .32 rf round bounce off a pizza box and roll back towards me :D )
 
Gentlemen... if anyone 'comes looking' due to your previously obtained letters, you've sold them to a fellow collector at a gun show for cash years ago.. and you don't happen to remember what he/she looked like. End of story. Don't allow yourselves to be intimidated, because you've done nothing illegal!

V:I:


Personally, I do still get RCMP letters for two reasons: first, it will avoid me Nazi-like treatment by the SQ (provincial police) and/or a firearms inspector at the range, if they ever happen to start asking questions about registration certificates and 4" barrels on some of the revolvers I bring. Second, I like to make the CFC/RCMP work for that $2+ billion dollars we sunk into the failed registry/firearms system over the last 15 years. It's our money, we might as well use it. And yes, it DOES make it easier to sell an antique as well...

No offense, but some of you seem to have your tinfoil hats too tight when it comes to the RCMP antique letters. They can keep all the records they want, it still doesn't take away from the fact that you can freely sell or exchange antiques with whoever you like and whenever you like, here or abroad... do you see what I mean or is it still unclear? If it is, think about it for a minute... the "Eureka" moment is near, I swear!

:D
 
All the more reason NOT to get any antique letters. What good are they? Why get them? Is it just so you can ask more money when selling? DON'T GET ANTIQUE STATUS LETTERS!!!

The only reason why I had one is to get it out from cops. They didn't believed that it was an antique, so they asked for a proof. Other than that, I would not get one.
 
Back
Top Bottom