Interesting group size

bluesclues

CGN frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Location
Alberta
Was at the range Monday and was shooting my AR. I decided to shoot some groups....

Started off with a 3 shot group from a bench @ 100m = 1.25".
Using the same target, I shot 5 more rounds, 8 shots = 2.5".
Keeping with this method, I shot 5 more rounds into the same target, 13 shots = 3".
Finally decided to finish this little experiment with a final 10 shots. 23 shots = 4" group.

Thought that this was pretty interesting. So I decided to shoot a 25 round group to see the difference. 25 shots = 4" group size.

Not scientific by any stretch, just interesting.

Ammo was 55 grain PMC Bronze out of 16" bbl AR 1/7.
 
Your rifle shot from that position with that shooter, and ammo is a 4MOA system. Very common.

3shot groups are garbage. Tell you about as much about point of aim, and precision/accuracy as your 6/49 numbers. Most precision testing that I have heard of done is at least 10shots(swiss arms), or 30 shots at 300m(USMC).

Here is a really good thread on it:
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=279218

For what it is worth, my AR does not like PMC either, and if you want to sell your 1in7, let me know ;)
 
carbonrod, no sale for the 1/7:D

The AR15.com groups article is a good read. A 25 shot group is definitely more telling than a 3 or even 5 shot group.

Fun for sure, all trigger time is a good time.
 
Back
Top Bottom