Investarm lock issue?

Canuck Bob

Regular
EE Expired
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I got my used Investarm 45 Hawken today. I checked it over and it is ok and I'm very satisfied, another good CGN member and deal. However the #### rotates a small amount on the square tumbler shaft. I removed the screw and cleaned and oiled the lock and carefully reset the screw. It helped but there is still a little looseness on the square tumbler #### axle connection.

I've been very careful to not over tighten and have done nothing else while I'm soaking the lock, cleanout screw, and nipple in gun oil for a couple of days before attempting disassembly and checking the lock properly. The #### and the square axle connection look normal and are not wallowed out and there is almost no indication the lock has been struck very often. There are no witness rubbing marks either and the #### screw had no marks of any kind.

Is this a common occurrence and not to be overly concerned about? If not acceptable what can be done to tighten it up without buying parts
 
It does happen sometimes that the hammer is a little loose on the tumbler, if it bothers you just take a metal punch an peen the sides of the hammer that fit over the tumbler.This will upset enough metal to make for a tighter fit
 
It does happen sometimes that the hammer is a little loose on the tumbler, if it bothers you just take a metal punch an peen the sides of the hammer that fit over the tumbler.This will upset enough metal to make for a tighter fit

Thanks, the fix seemed self evident but the best part of these forums is checking before peening.
 
Back
Top Bottom