Investarms "Hawken style " barrels swap out

petew

Regular
Rating - 97.4%
38   1   0
Location
Alberta
I have a Hawken style Investarms made ML that is in need of a barrel. The current barrel is badly pitted, however the rest of the gun is in not to bad condition.
The brand name is Safari Arms, however it was made by Investarms in Italy.
So the big question is will other Investarm barrels fit, like the Cabellas, Lyman, Churchill or any other brands as long as I maintain the 15/16 size?
The under barrel lug for the wedge, and rib are easy to move/modify if needed.

A drop in would be nice though.
Pete
 
Last edited:
A Green Mountain barrel made for a Lyman will fit. I bought one from Track of the Wolf a few years back for my Investarms made Safari Arms Hawken. It required a very small amount of file work to fit it that didn't take more than a few minutes. Now I have both 50 cal, and 54 cal barrels for it.
 
As long as the barrel is the same width across the flats, the worst that can happen is that you have to file a new dovetail notch for the tenon which the barrel key goes through

cheers mooncoon
 
It looks like I have some options to work with. I have the standard percussion lock and a good Flint lock that fit with only minor inletting changes.
A good 45cal flint, or a 54cal percussion barrel should make for a sweet little gun project this winter.
Thanks for all the help.
Pete
 
Back
Top Bottom