is hodgdon 777 FFFG safe in .32 rimfire?

gutinater

CGN frequent flyer
Rating - 99.5%
203   1   0
Location
Edmontonia
Is hodgdon 777 FFFG safe to use in my 32 rimfire reloading kit? Do I pack the shells completely full like I would with real black powder? What do you guys use for powder in your kits?
 
No air space but also do not compress 777 as dangerous pressure curves can result
I use 777 in my pistols all the time I just seat the bullet so it just touches the powder Hodgdon website says do not compress
 
the 777 load data notes do state specifically that ONLY the ffg is to be used for cartridges. They do not explain.

h ttp://www.hodgdon.com/loading.html

Any reason you don't want to use Goex?

Trailboss is another potential option, they have a pretty simple method for figuring out a "safe" load.
 
Back
Top Bottom