is it true that firelock guns can be shipped across the US-Canada border?

lobsterman89

Regular
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
without any issues? I know they're not considered firearms, but they allow fully functional flint, wheel or matchlocks across the border without any problems? that's hard to believe with all the trouble border officials can give you over other things.
 
I don't know about there not being any issues, but yes.

they fly under the radar, even to the Useless Nations gun grabbers, because they aren't considered a real threat.
 
Long guns only of course. If it's a flintlock pistol and the touchhole is drilled then it's restricted up here. Same as a Glock. Unless it's an original, then same as a long gun.
 
Yes, correct.

Critical point and I should have said so.

Thanks for that important correction Tumbleweeds!
 
Yes there is no issue with this as flintlock, matchlock, wheellock etc longguns are not considered firearms. You dont even need a ffl or pal to own one.


McLean
 
Anybody ever carried an Antique Pistol over the border. I plan to pick up a couple that my cousin has purchased for me and bring them back.

They are definitely antique by Canadian law (both .41 Colt Thunderers, made before 1890).

Should I bring the Vaseline?
 
Back
Top Bottom