Is the 7.62x39 that CanadaAmmo has actually non-corrosive?

DocZoid

CGN Regular
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
I've heard a few opinions on this but.. is the Norinco 7.62x39 that CanadaAmmo is selling actually non-corrosive? I know the Silver box Norinco stuff is, but as I recall, the Yellow box stuff was marked non-corrosive but actually was corrosive.

Hopefully someone has the definitive answer..
 
Canada Ammo says its non-corrosive and there charging big bucks for a case versus surplus.

Why would they lie about it? There a well respected dealer here
 
I have yet to actually see Norinco that is corrosive, yet marked as non.

I do know there are many gun show sellers selling Chinese military surplus 70s-early 80s dates as non-corrosive when it is corrosive (paper wrapped in tins).
 
What are the headstamps on the current stuff? I assume the 70s-80s stuff would be so marked, but any other obvious headstamp markings would be great to know about.
Hearing some weird stuff from someone that I just want to set straight if I can. I appreciate the answers.
 
The yellow box stuff was the same as the silver box stuff. I shot thousands of rounds of both and rarely cleaned my guns after and no rust - NONE. Chinese 7.62 is great stuff.
 
I have bought several cases of of the 762x39 ammo from Canada ammo. I have not cleaned my gun on purpose. Ot has sat for the last 3 weeks and it is not rusted.
 
I am not a scientist... but I read once that some mil-surp. cartridges didn't have corrosive primers, but had salts added to the powder itself to, supposedly, keep the muzzle flash down.
Probably not the case here because it was for a different caliber, but you can't put your faith in those Chinese companies without some testing of the properties.
 
Back
Top Bottom