Is there a speed loader that works for a 455 Webley?

jacotsmith

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
509   0   0
Location
The Yukon
Hi everyone,

I've seen ads on the EE for Webley packages that include a compatible speed loader or two, but it seems to me those ads have been for Webleys that have been shaved for .45 ACP brass.

Does anyone know of a model that fits .455 brass?

Thanks for looking!
 
They aren’t speed loaders for the ones with the shaved cylinders for .45 ACP. They are moon clips, and they are needed to be able to shoot .45 ACP in them.
 
They aren’t speed loaders for the ones with the shaved cylinders for .45 ACP. They are moon clips, and they are needed to be able to shoot .45 ACP in them.

Thanks for reply. I know I've seen Webley packages (gun, brass, projectiles AND speedloaders) for shaved cylinder models on the EE. But as you point out they probably weren't for ACP brass. Must have been for autorim.

When I try web searching for .455 compatible speedloaders only antique versions come up, but I'm still wondering if there's a usable modern version. I can't be the only one who's wondered.

I guess if there isn't I could always use speed strips.
 
There are .44 and .45 revolvers out there, so there are speed loaders that might work for the caliber. The issue will be with diameter/circumference of the cylinder - if they would match up. Unfortunately, the only way to be sure would be to spend the money and try them out.
 
Thank you. This was the kind of information I was looking for.

Glad I could help,I have 6 of them and they work flawless.
And like I said in an earlier post,it's very easy to use 45 Auto Rim and machine the front of the rim to a lesser thickness so it fits the Webley,it replicates the MkI round,Auto Rim brass is a lot cheaper than .455 Webley brass.
 
Back
Top Bottom