Is this norinco good for hunting?

cim330

CGN Regular
Rating - 100%
128   0   0
Location
Raincouver
this is what I have

nEO_IMG_DSC_7198.jpg
 
If it says FMJ anywhere on the box you can not hunt with it pure and simple.
Not quite sure where you get this idea from. Most provincial laws require an expanding bullet. What it says on the box doesn't matter (I use lots of different boxes with my reloaded ammunition).
However, it would appear that what is shown in the picture doesn't match. If it is made to military specification then it would have a FMJ. Plus, 7.62x39 is invariably loaded with a steel core. So, if someone has filed off the tip it is still not an expanding bullet.
As for hunting with it, it is not a reliable hunting bullet, even if it were a legal expanding bullet.
Buy a box for hunting and save the case of FMJ for playing.
 
I use to sell norinco silver box ammo and you could get it in soft point.
I never try it myself thou.
Pull a bullet and cut it open and see what is in it.
 
Back
Top Bottom