Is this shot gun antique??

The ELG mark is for the Belgium company Liege and was a blackpowder proof for breech loading guns since 1893. Also the flowing font of "EL" is has been used since 1852 as a provisional black powder proof for breech loading guns and rifled barrels. It is a 12 gauge (diamond with a 12). The U with the star above it is a post 1877 Belgian inspectors marks were designated by a star above the inspector lettering, other than known proofs that included a star. Star is different style with top point being smaller than typical Belgian proof. Also you have a choke proof for the shotgun and some other inspector marks. If I looked them up, they may indicate a better timeline of age. In the very least it is no older than 1893, but could be newer. Hope that helps as a starting point.
 
Thanks Maple leaf, I was searching, but it was by name which gave vague
results.I am trying to find a fore stock for it and a left hammer.
 
Back
Top Bottom