Iver Johnson 2nd Model Bulldog, 32RF

starpuss

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 98.6%
146   2   0
Iver Johnson 2nd Model Bulldog, 32RF
do you know what year they where made? i was told 1885-1897 but want to make sure.

-has about 95 to 97 % original nickel finish
- and bore is like new.
- The mechanical functions are flawless
with the cylinder advance and lockup rock solid

also what do you think it's worth? i am thinking maybe 300-400.00

pix181903156.jpg

pix181903656.jpg
 
you got that one on gunbroker I was going to bid on it.
it was a great deal at $155.00 but i didn't bid because i think they were made until 1899.
the seller said said it was pre 1898 but i think he was wrong.
 
im looking at a copy of Montgomery Ward & Co. catalog from 1895 and that 2d model iver johnson bulldogs in there it was worth 1.20$ in 1895.
 
you got that one on gunbroker I was going to bid on it.
it was a great deal at $155.00 but i didn't bid because i think they were made until 1899.
the seller said said it was pre 1898 but i think he was wrong.

I know that’s y I am asking this. I am not going to pay for it till I know for sure.
I looked them up a little and it looks like they where made 1885-1920’s but I don’t know for sure yet.

Also the grips are stuck on the gun so he is going to bring it to his gun smith to try to get them off so I can get the s.n off him.
 
I don't believe they were made until the 1920s after 1899 they were renamed the model 1900.
same gun just diffident name i believe.(could be wrong)
 
I doubt it's an antique. The info I have seen on the 2nd model bulldog identifies it's first year of manufacture as 1897. If it is an antique, the serial number under the grips will have an "A" prefix denoting 1897 manufacture. Any other prefix and you're pretty much screwed.....
 
Back
Top Bottom