Iver Johnson American Bulldog...centerfire?

tokguy

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
94   0   0
Location
Buffalo Republic
My daughter just passed her RPAL in order to inherit her GGF 12(7) prohib's. I've handled them and the only one that is interesting is an IJ American Bulldog, it's a 38 cal ( surmising here, but it's definitely bigger than the S & W 32 CF ).
It looks like the firing pin strikes in the center, not like a rimfire would.
Is anyone here privy to a IJ like I've described? A centerfire? Although either CF or Rimfire 38 would make this an antique IIRC.
No pictures...yet, but soon enough I'll get some up.
 
Congrats to your daughter. Now I can sell you some stuff to pass on to her! 38 rf would be antique, 38 cf in a bulldog, prohib. These guns just can't be trusted not to cause mayhem by themselves.
 
I would think it would be good as a pre 1946 in the 12.7 class .I have a few that are restricted because of the caliber and date of manufacture.
 
Not to go off track... But I wasn't aware that anyone could inherit a prohib... I thought when the permit holder passed on that was it unless they go to another grandfathered permit holder?
 
Pre 1946 prohibited handguns can be transferred to immediate family members. This is the 12.7 class.

immediate family in this case means up or down between parents, grandparents and children, also between brothers and sisters, and also between husband and wife. The husband wife transfer means that as long as the wife / husband have a living brother / sister a 12 (6) can be transferred in a round about way to a niece or nephew as long as everyone in the chain has an RPAL

cheers mooncoon
 
Here

Exception to grandfathering

If a person is not grandfathered, the only prohibited firearms they may possess or acquire are
handguns with a barrel length of 105 mm or less or that discharge .25 or .32 calibre ammunition,
and only if all of the following criteria are met:

the handgun was made before 1946, and
the handgun was registered in Canada on December 1, 1998, and
the individual is the child, grandchild, brother, sister or spouse of the lawful owner, and
the individual is acquiring it for an approved purpose such as target shooting or as part of a collection.

Under these circumstances, the individual can lawfully acquire and possess the handgun in question, but they are
not grandfathered or authorized to acquire more prohibited handguns.
 
Back
Top Bottom