J.M. Cooper Navy Second Model Revolver - 1864-69.

drm3m

CGN frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Location
Montreal Quebec
A recent addition to my collection--- on May 6th.





This is the only example that I have ever seen.

The revolver indexes perfectly---nice crisp action (in single-action)---a bit of a pull but the double-action seems to function well.

The nicest aspect of this revolver is the 'clarity of the barrel address'.

The serial number (403) is present where it should be. (Not on the wedge)

On the cylinder.

On the trigger guard.

On the butt frame strap.

On the cylinder spindle.

On the underside of the barrel.

On the loading lever.
----------------------
Five inch barrel.

Five-shot cylinder---.36 cal.

Functions in single and double action.

She is no blue-eyed blonde--- but she ain't the ugliest chic in town.





 
I am not inclined to shoot these original 1860's vintage revolvers.

I bought this double-action Cooper Second Model Navy revolver (1864-69) to complement the double–action Remington–Rider (early fluted cylinder) New Model Belt Revolver (1863-65) which is .36 cal with a six shot cylinder.

Both of these revolvers are shown together below.





 
Back
Top Bottom