paintearthmike
Member
- Location
- Central Alberta
I have an old percussion muzzleloader that hung on the wall for years when I was a kid. It has a rifled barrel, 45 cal.
It has pretty sophisticated sights; hooded, adjustable bead sight front, with a v-sight mid barrel that tilts up for extreme long range shots, and a tang peep sight that of course tilts up.
The name on the sideplate is J. Tarratt & Sons, but no indication of city /country of origin.
Does anyone have any knowledge or information on this gunmaker that they'd care to share with me? I'm rather curious about it, after all these years!
It has pretty sophisticated sights; hooded, adjustable bead sight front, with a v-sight mid barrel that tilts up for extreme long range shots, and a tang peep sight that of course tilts up.
The name on the sideplate is J. Tarratt & Sons, but no indication of city /country of origin.
Does anyone have any knowledge or information on this gunmaker that they'd care to share with me? I'm rather curious about it, after all these years!




























![20200707_192039[1].jpg 20200707_192039[1].jpg](https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/data/attachments/338/338711-dd0567c1c49c8a1ca513cbe8a203e2cc.jpg)
![20200707_192016[1].jpg 20200707_192016[1].jpg](https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/data/attachments/338/338710-30cd776601e729a6eb5db8766f78fa77.jpg)
























