Yes, a fellow needs to win the lottery to be able to afford some of these rifles. I tried my hand a few times. I won a real nice Deluxe Model 55 at JDJ a couple years ago, and two nice Deluxe 1894s at Rock Island Auction last Spring. I did not go, but bid in absentee. With JDJ I called in my bid and someone bid on my behalf, and with RIA, I submitted my bids via the Internet. I would have liked to have been there in person, but this way I was still able to just bid what I was comfortable with, then let the cards fall where they may. Don't get caught up in the "fever" that way. If I won, I won, if not, no big deal. Had them all imported via Clay out to Prophet River. Yes, there is cost to it, but if it is something you really want, or just can't find up here, sometime it is worth it, IMHO. I have sold a pile of the really nice guns I had to upgrade to a smaller collection, but it has been worth it to me. It is just hard to find guns like some of those up here.