Japchester 1886 45-90 twist rate

fingers284

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Hope someone can help me. I'm just about to drop the hammer on a new Miroku in 45-90 but for the life of me I can't find out the twist rate on these guns. Originals are 1-32 for "express" bullets but I would like to shoot 400 gr or so in it so would need 1-20 or thereabouts. The modern 45-70 are 1-20 but no info on the 45-90. I've e-mailed Winchester (4 days ago) and no response yet so if somebody knows...thank you.
 
if all else fails, run a tightly patched bore brush down the barrel and use a piece of tape on the ram rod so that you can count the turns as you push the rod down the barrel

cheers mooncoon
 
I've done that before but this is a brand new gun still on the shelf and they won't let me run a brush inside the bore. Nothing in the box/printed info offer the twist) It was a hired counter person and the store owner was gone, I'm sure he would have let me if he was there.

Anyhow after the info Arturo provided I phoned to have the gun held for me, was going to pick it up today but we have 7 in. of new snow here this morn. so will have to wait for hiways to clear.
 
Back
Top Bottom