Hey everyone,
I've been shooting triple 7 pyrodex through my tc pro hunter .50 cal and have had some decent results with it, about 3 inch groups at 100 yards but I was never satisfied. I purchased this Jim Shockeys Yukon gold a while ago and I was persuaded not to shoot it because I took the suggestion from a long time muzzleloader shooter that loose powder shoots best. Anyway, long story short, I went to the range today and shot my muzzleloader, shot the same groups and said to myself "let's try the jim shockey stuff". A 3 shot group at 100 yrds, all three rounds touching each other dead center of the target. I made no changes to the scope( leupold ultimate slam 3x9x40 s.a.b.r. Reticle), shooting hornady sst 250 grain and 90 grain loose powder. The Jim shockey stuff is 100 grain sticks for .50 cal. I would love to know of any of you guys that shoot this stuff and I want to know your opinions on it.
Cheers
Mike
I've been shooting triple 7 pyrodex through my tc pro hunter .50 cal and have had some decent results with it, about 3 inch groups at 100 yards but I was never satisfied. I purchased this Jim Shockeys Yukon gold a while ago and I was persuaded not to shoot it because I took the suggestion from a long time muzzleloader shooter that loose powder shoots best. Anyway, long story short, I went to the range today and shot my muzzleloader, shot the same groups and said to myself "let's try the jim shockey stuff". A 3 shot group at 100 yrds, all three rounds touching each other dead center of the target. I made no changes to the scope( leupold ultimate slam 3x9x40 s.a.b.r. Reticle), shooting hornady sst 250 grain and 90 grain loose powder. The Jim shockey stuff is 100 grain sticks for .50 cal. I would love to know of any of you guys that shoot this stuff and I want to know your opinions on it.
Cheers
Mike


















































