.....professionally refinished several times.....
check with Mystic Precision, one of the sponsors at the top of the page. I suspect they can supply Starline brass at a much lower price
cheers mooncoon
i dont think starline makes shotshells starline seems to be mentioned alot when thay dont even mak that product and most of that seems to be done by you mooncoon RMC is the only place i know of who still makes 10ga brass shotshells
plastic shell can be use but thay like to melt with BP and in a damascus that has not been proofed for smakeless BP is the only way to go
with BP you also dont want to use plastic wading you want card wads as plastic wads melt even more with BP
I'd disremembered til now but we reloaded a bunch of BP for an old Damascus 12 ga when we were in high school. Other than making the bbl's awesomely dirty it worked fineJaysus... use punctuation and spell check! Frankly, I'm having a hard time you're going on experience here. Sounds a lot like a you're just repeating verbatim or are really bad at providing context to explain the situations you're discussing.
Personally, from my limited and very half-arsed experience with black powder 12ga loading, plastic hulls will work. I loaded mine lightly and kept the shot weight down to minimize chances of screwing up. I figure if I could hit a clay they'd probably work for that at most. I didn't reload my bp hulls more than once with BP (used my old smokeless hulls that I cleaned up from hunt), but also didn't notice any significant signs of melting on the hulls or in the bore and have no problem using plastic in my guns. Maybe time will change that, I dunno.
My next project is to determine which commercial smokeless light trap loads are low pressure enough to shoot in my old 12 gauges... I love them, but they've got too many places for BP soot to get into and cause problems.![]()
Jaysus... use punctuation and spell check! Frankly, I'm having a hard time you're going on experience here. Sounds a lot like a you're just repeating verbatim or are really bad at providing context to explain the situations you're discussing.
Personally, from my limited and very half-arsed experience with black powder 12ga loading, plastic hulls will work. I loaded mine lightly and kept the shot weight down to minimize chances of screwing up. I figure if I could hit a clay they'd probably work for that at most. I didn't reload my bp hulls more than once with BP (used my old smokeless hulls that I cleaned up from hunt), but also didn't notice any significant signs of melting on the hulls or in the bore and have no problem using plastic in my guns. Maybe time will change that, I dunno.
My next project is to determine which commercial smokeless light trap loads are low pressure enough to shoot in my old 12 gauges... I love them, but they've got too many places for BP soot to get into and cause problems.![]()



























