Just brought home a traditions yukon

wd113

CGN frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Hi all, Like said, I am now the total newbie owner of my first ML. Looking around the web has me nervous about it now. Whats all this fuss about the spanish made ones will blow up? Any truth to this.The guy I got it from told me 150gr of 777 pushing hornady sst 250gr sabots .... But reading about it, some say I should use less.... Im gonna read the manual (I just downloaded) a few times and go from there...... Any thoughts?
 
I know My tradition's hawken, is set max charge of 150 or 3 pellets of pyrodex. For most or any real shooting not hunting, half of that is good enough. They wont blow up(if you follow the directions), they have been proofed before leaving their factory.
 
I had a Traditions Youkon and it liked 2 pellets of the 777 (100gr) behind a 350 gr sabot. I could get 2" groups at 100 yards with it. Going to 3 pellets(150 grs) was a waste of powder and opened the groups up to the point it looked more like at shotgun pattern.
 
Back
Top Bottom