Just got my new Pietta Remington new model army...

Very nicely done I put one in A original 1858 mine looks a little care worn next to the beauty of yours here's a pic of mine it's in 45 acp also takes shortened 45 scolfeild brass to keep its antique status.
P9300012.jpg
 
Nice Dez, though I doubt you can load the shells through the gate without relieving the frame. Have you considered one of the R&D types?

@ HFreedman:

The base gun was about $350 from Marstar, the Kirst Konverter was $275 and the ejector rod was $125. The gunsmithing all told was almost $300, but I got it really nicely blued, trigger tuned, etc and the Konverter fitted and re-blued as well.

When I put it this way... ouch! Damn thing was expensive... and I did some of the work myself too.
 
I just drop out the cylinder to re-load didn't want to alter the original looking for one cheap in crappy cond to put new barrel on ant the converter in
 
I'm using a very mild HP38 load because cleanup is a snap and I have lots of it. Also the pressures are well under the 14K psi the gun is designed for.

That being said, I do shoot black in a lot of other guns I have and also when the BP cylinder is in this gun.
 
Back
Top Bottom