K. Wakefield flintlock, information needed

tbayken

New member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
A friend has asked if I could find out any information on a flintlock that he has come into posession of. On the barrel it says: K. Wakefield London. There is also *22* on the barrel. The old timer who gave it to him said it was from the 1800's. The caliber is unknown at this time. Any idea where I could look for information?
Thanks, tbayken.
 
The "22" most likely is the size of the bore given as "22 gauge". The .577" rifles are stamped with "25" or 25 gauge. This would make the bore somewhere in the .60" range. This would also indicate that it is British made as they used the gauge system. Somewhere there is an internet listing for British gunmakers and you would likely find K. Wakefield there. I hope this helps. Dave
 
Back
Top Bottom