Kimber adirondack finish durablity

98ssuck

CGN Regular
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
Location
Northern bc
Saturday I took my brand new adirondack for a walk. Carried it slung over my shoulder for a few hours. I was just wearing a rain shell coat. I got back to the truck. Unloaded my gun Inspected it. Holy censor batman I was pissed off. Has this happened to anyone else? I am contacting Kimber

 
Wow, that's not good especially for a rifle such as a Kimber. It looks like just the rubbing action on your shoulder wore the finish off?
 
I've handled the adirondack and it's on my list .... but I think the finish sucks to be honest. Really wish Kimber went with something else.

Hope Kimber help you out here OP but far as I can tell this will continue happening.
 
Saturday I took my brand new adirondack for a walk. Carried it slung over my shoulder for a few hours. I was just wearing a rain shell coat. I got back to the truck. Unloaded my gun Inspected it. Holy censor batman I was pissed off. Has this happened to anyone else? I am contacting Kimber


My MA is the same. But it's seen a lot of time rubbing on my pack, blowdown and the like. Maybe I'll have a go at korth as well to see if anything can be done.
 
I phoned kimber. They said contact Korth. I got talking to a rep from korth. Sent a few emails back and forth. Right now they are going to exchange the stock for a replacement. I haven't gotten a timeline for the new one yet. I was given the option of a olive stock or a camo finish. My stock is a different camo finish that kimber doesn't produce anymore. The new one will the same pattern as the one you see on kimbers website.

I also asked if the replacement could have a shorter lop and haven't received a reply yet. For those who haven't seen one of these guns the recoil pad is glued on.
 
Back
Top Bottom